Friday, February 24, 2012

meal calendar

So, if I go into a store, my mind goes blank, and I can’t remember anything I need.  I gotta have a list.
I actually made a 5 week meal plan list of my family’s favorite meals so that I don’t have to think up a bunch of meals I want to cook, I just rotate through them.  I look at the calendar, and write down the groceries I need for the next week (or two if I can get my milk to last that long).  Then I’m good to go for a week or two.
Here are some of the positives to doing this:
  • Only having to go to the store once a week, or less.  Saves time and gas
  • When you go to the store you always buy a few things that aren’t on the list (less chances of doing that)
  • There are way fewer times when you decide to grab some fast food because you didn’t have anything to make, or the time to make it.
  • You always have what you need, when you need it.
  • You’re usually eating healthier that way – not macaroni and hot dogs again.
  • You’re husband doesn’t say, “Spaghetti?  Isn’t this the second or third time this week?”  Happened to me. True story.  ( and he was probably right)
  • You can still eat out every once in a while, but it’s planned, and in your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment