Friday, February 24, 2012

Trading for kids activities

So, for the first 6 years of having kids, we never had any extra in the budget for extra activities for the kids.  So we didn’t do swim lessons, or any sports, or anything.
Then we were able to add enough to the budget to let everyone do one thing for one month each year.
Last year my girls decided they wanted one month of gymnastics…well, you do one month of gym and the kids and the coaches want you to continue.
I explained our situation to the coach, and she asked if I would like to do a trade.  So I go help with the toddler gymnastics in the morning, and it pays for my girls (I have 5 of them) to do gymnastics!
Trading is awesome!  Since then I’ve heard of people trading for a bunch of things…preschool, dance lessons….
And it doesn’t even have to be in kind, my mom said she traded swim lessons, and tutoring, for piano lessons, and swim team!
So, if you would like to be involved in more activities, see what you can trade for it.
It’s a win/win for you and the business, or person, you’re trading with!

No comments:

Post a Comment